December 04, 2012

2012 Top Mommy Moments

Year 2012 is coming to an end...already!!! It seems like it was just a couple of months back that we had the new year party at our place and we were all excited about the beginning of a new year - a year to look forward to, a year of new beginnings, a year of new friendships. I was reminiscing about the year gone by and I thought that I should list the top 10 Mommy moments - moments that made me feel special, cared for, proud, loved, happy, exited. These are in no particular order - just the order they came to my mind...

1. Adi's first day of Grade 1 - was a very proud Mommy seeing my son in his school uniform and going off on his own in the school bus. One of those teary eyes moment (don't think these moments will ever come to an end - it's a lifelong disease!!)

2. One of those rare days when I actually had fever (and not just imagining I had one!). We were in Delhi at my sister's place and I was shivering on a hot summer day. Adi didn't want KG or anyone else to take care of me - he gave me my medicine, made sure I was covered with a blanket at all times, patted me to get me to sleep (like I do to him) and just kept telling me that I will be ok and that he will take care of me. Oh, my adorable brat, I LOVE YOU SO!!!

3. Seeing Adi on stage performing the "kola aata" on his UKG annual day - no matter if he is just standing still on stage, it still gets me all teary eyed (full emotional we are - like all mommies, I guess!)

4. Seeing him cycle on his birthday - without trainers for the first time and he just refused to get down!! Ended up buying a new cycle on the way back home from the party!!

5. Adi's excitement when I took him cycling on the main road!! I needed some groceries and with hubby away at Korea, I decided to walk to the shops and take Adi along with his cycle. Since it was early morning, I thought it would be safe enough to take him cycling on the road. And boy, was he happy!! He was out on the "BIG ROAD" and he was quite proud of himself! Even "parked" the cycle while I shopped :) And made me promise that when he turns 8, he can cycle up to Pizza hut (which has opened closed to home) and order for home delivery :)

6. When I asked Adi "What will you do if you meet your birth mom?" and he replied "I will still be with you - because you are my mommy and I love you very much"

7. All the crazy talk and crazy games we play at bed time - we don't say "good night" anymore, its "bad night", "sussu night", "potty night", "wierd dreams night" and lots of other nights :)

8. When Adi said last night that he was no longer the slowest in writing in his class. Seems like my baby has finally caught up after a very late start :))

9. When Adi shared his packet of chips with a beggar lady whom we see regularly on the way back from his drum class. He always wants a few coins or some money to give her but that day he decided to give her his packet of chips and he told me "Mama, when I grow up I am going to be a kind person"!!

10. When he was in UKG and got a certificate for standing 6th in chess :) And this after zero encouragement from home - coz we never played chess with him because he ended up crying if we won and I would not "fake" a defeat

And one more:

11. When Adi beat me in chess this year - all of 3 times :D yes, I do play with him now :)

There are many, many other moments but will stop at this for now...maybe another post at the end of December :)



1 comment:

Archana Doshi said...

awww... in tears when he took care of you when you were sick. so well written poorni