April 03, 2012

Summer Holiday Plans

Yayyy, the most awaited time of the year is finally here - summer holidays! Not sure why I am feeling so excited as each day is like a summer holiday for me!! Guess I am just feeling happy for Adi coz as a child I used to always wait for the holidays and our trip to our grandparents home where we were endlessly pampered. Adi has been waiting for the holidays too, ever since I told him that he doesn't have to go to school for SIXTY days! Nothing could possibly bring him more happiness than not having to go to school and have the entire day to play, watch TV and do anything else other than study :)

After much thought about what we would do during the 2 months, this is our plan as of today - knowing our household its bound to change anytime.
1. Adi attends tennis class for a month. He has been pestering me to send him tennis class for almost 6 months now. However, I had not given in as I didn't want him to do too many things/attend too many classes in a week (he already goes for drums and contemporary dance) and also I wanted him to settle down in 1st standard before putting him into additional classes. I feel that along with his extra curricular class, he should also spend time playing with his friends and was another reason why I didn't want him in classes all week long. While I was pondering about which tennis class to send him, his school announces a month long summer camp in their main campus and they had tennis coaching as a part of it. Even better was that they had arrangement for transport and would pick him and drop him back home. So I quickly enrolled him into his school summer camp and he has chosen tennis and chess as his two activities for the month.
2. Make a trip to Delhi and Punjab so that Adi can spend time with his Grandparents, Cousins, Uncles and Aunts.
3. Make a trip to Malpe so that Adi can spend time with his Naani and another set of Uncles, Aunts and Cousins. We have a short trip planned for Goa when my sister comes down to Malpe - again this is tentative and nothing finalized.

So, that's 2 months taken care of - hopefully Adi is going to enjoy himself and have a great time. Unfortunately, KG is not going to be around for most of the holidays as he will be travelling to Korea. So it's just going to be Adi and me - keeping each other company like always. Just so that we have a small holiday together with KG, we planned a quick, short trip to Chikmagular in the very first weekend of the holidays. More on this in the next post :)

Happy Holidays!!

No comments: