February 01, 2012

Singapore - Dec 2012


Adi and I made a trip to Singapore during his XMas holidays. One of my oldest & dearest childhood friend , Divya, has been living in Singapore for the last 12 years and has been asking me to come and visit her since then. I always had the excuse of busy at work, not enough leave, etc to give her but this year, once I quit my job, I had none to give at all. With her calling me every week to book my tickets, I decided that I should make the most of my time off and go see her. And with almost every one telling me that Singapore is a great place for kids, I finally made up mind and Adi & I landed in Singapore on December 17th.

Adi was excited way before we left, mainly because he had heard about 'Underwater world' and also one of his best friend from school was also visiting Spore and was in the same flight as us. Needless to say, we had two hyperactive boys in the airport and in the plane - both refusing to sleep and giggling away! Am not even when he went to sleep as I was too tired and sleepy and crashed out as soon as the plane took off.

The first day was spent shopping for a camera for Adi. He had used our Canon P&S camera during our Rajasthan trip and had dropped it several times. So decided to buy a real hardy, shockproof one just for Adi. After a lot of looking around, I finally settled for the Olympus Tough camera which is both waterproof and shockproof (upto 5 ft). The picture quality isn't really great but I wasn't too worried about that. Camera in hand, we headed to Orchard Road. While I was busy ogling at the massive malls and the designer shops, Adi was happily clicking away with his camera. We admired the christmas lighting, took a few pictures and headed back home as we had an early morning ahead of us.


1 comment:

Aparna said...

Didn't realize it was only you and Adi at Singapore. It's great to stay with friends and have a holiday and some family time too :). Looking forward to more of those photos, looks like Adi has started clicking too ? :)