February 11, 2012

Pancake Breakfast

Adi is currently on a TV ban (for misbehaving twice yesterday!) and to keep him occupied, I suggested that we make breakfast together. He was excited and wanted to choose a recipe from one of his own cook book (we have two recipe books meant for kids). After looking at all the pictures, he finally decided on buttermilk pancakes.

Thankfully, I happened to have all the ingredients (I did not have buttermilk but used homemade yoghurt instead) and handed them over to Adi one by one along with the measure. As usual he wanted to do everything including the whisking part (he has his own kiddy whisk). Finally when it was all mixed well, I fried the pancakes with some butter. This is the first time we have made pancakes, but I liked how they came out. Having eaten pancakes only once before while we were in the US, I dont really remember the taste and texture very well. But the ones we made today were nice and fluffy and tasted decent too. So, not bad for a first effort!

We had the pancakes with sugar. Am not sure if Adi really loved them as he had only two. I should look up on alternate serving options (other than maple syrup) to make it more interesting for him. One thing I am sure of is that he enjoyed the cooking process :)



No comments: