August 10, 2011

Lunch Out

Couple of days back Adi and I decided to go out for lunch instead of having the usual stuff at home (I had another ulterior motive as well but was looking forward to eating out with my son). We went to an old favourite of KG's and mine - Spiga on St Marks Road. Adi and I have lunched out by ourselves before, but that was either at the airport or at the movies or the street hotdogs while we were out shopping - we have never gone to a nice, fancy place before. So we reach this place, order our food and then we get a nice plate of garlic bread as complimentary starter. The first thing the kid says is 'Dont have it all by yourself!'. As though I never let him eat anything!! He gave me a slice and then had all the rest (3 slices)! We had a really terrible waiter who kept messing up on our order - so we got another plate of garlic bread to make up for the delay. And again the kid goes 'Take only one' and went on to eat the rest. We finally get our satay and pasta and how does the kid want to eat the pasta? - with the satay sticks pretending to be chop sticks!!! Anyways, we had a nice meal, Adi was well-behaved and made friends with the waiters (even went and had a long chat with them) and both of us enjoyed the time out :) I think I can do this more often - explore all the new restaurants with my kid while hubby is slogging away at work (mean me!!!)..he he!!


2 comments:

Simran said...

Cool!! I hope I am able to do this with N some day. Right now, all I do is try and think of ways to keep him in his seat ;) Adi is adorable!

Aparna said...

Feeling hungry seeing that photo now :) !My most adventurous lunch outing with D would usually be MacDonalds ;).. which is also her favourite at the moment !